How long is your recovery time? I have to have this surgery as well. I'm not sure if we're going to be doing the fasciectomy but will be doing the Tarsel tunnel release
Community discussion
3wks and 5 days post surgery plantar fasciectomy and Tarsal Tunnel release.
3wks and 5 days post surgery plantar fasciectomy and Tarsal Tunnel release. I have graduated out of my boot and into tennis shoes as long as my foot will tolerate. I am supposed to start doing my exercises and stretches, but not allow anything to hurt. I am also supposed to use vitamin E oil and start massaging my incision site and foot. I have also been allowed to return to work on Wednesday!
Archived from Plantar Fasciitis Talk and Tips. View the original discussion on Facebook (sign-in may be required).
The visible discussion was fully captured at the time of collection.
Congratulations! What exercises are you going to do? I received nothing from my doc and I am a week ahead of you.
Just a tip as I’ve had that done twice Ankle rolls ankle rolls ankle rolls do it consistently. The worst thing about this surgery is, most drs put you in a boot after, scar tissue starts to build asap. I tell you what though, NO MORE PAIN. Good luck
How long is the anticipated recovery?? I’m praying i don’t have to go this route
I was told the nerve healing could be up to a year, but the only nerve issue I am having right now (that I have noticed) is the inside of my big toe is numb. But my doctor said that was to be expected and normal.
rubbing medicine??
How did you get up/get to the bathroom?
use rubbing medicine for your big toe. I used rubbing medicine for about 3 months, my big toe is ok now. I am going to have tenex procedure soon, my Sport medicine doctor suggested me.
what is rubbing medicine? I have been using the vitamin E oil...do I need to look for something else?
How many weeks did they say it would be before you could walk again without crutches?
I never had crutches. I went 2 weeks before I was really allowed to walk around, and I used a knee scooter. After that I was walking but only for a few hrs throughout the day
just gas pedal pumps and alphabet. Pressing my toe into the ground with my foot flat. I can begin to use an exercise band for flexion. Nothing to cause pain
cool and thanks. I’ve been doing the band flex on my big toe and the gas pumps. I’ve tried the alphabet but my ankles click so much from previous sprained ankles, it just grosses me out! Good luck healing.
may I ask what you mean by flexion?
thank you! I am already in less pain now than before surgery and just want to get better

Community replies
15 in this archive