Community discussion
6 months post-op update - Scarf and akin osteotomy to big toe and 2nd pip fusion.
6 months post-op update - Scarf and akin osteotomy to big toe and 2nd pip fusion. Did couch to 5k in May and June (did 5k park run on 20th June) was still having some discomfort. Ran once since then as been busy with stuff. Went to club training last night and ran 4.5 miles. Barely thought about my toe until the last .5 mile when it was starting to get a little uncomfortable (was also wearing brand new trainers so that might have also had an effect). 95% pain free - the only real discomfort I have is where the scar is when I bend my toe - feels very tight, like a scalpel cutting into the skin, but I think it’s improving over time. Happy with the progress as at 4 months post op I was still having a very bruised feeling underneath the toe - have had a CT scan to check the underneath just in case but haven’t got results yet. There is light at the end of the tunnel though - not been this pain free for years! 6 months post-op update - Scarf and akin osteotomy to big toe and 2nd pip fusion. Did couch to 5k in May and June (did 5k park run on 20th June) was still having some discomfort. Ran once since then as been busy with stuff. Went to club training last night and ran 4.5 miles. Barely thought about my toe until the last .5 mile when it was starting to get a little uncomfortable (was also wearing brand new trainers so that might have als Shared post Kèr Rí Just had my 6 week post op appointment. Has anyone had any tendon (or similar) issue where the big toe is being pulled over towards the 2nd and is somewhat sitting lower and pulls underneath slightly? If so, what was the cause and how was it rectified? Surgeon sent me for an ultrasound to have a better look! He has also referred me for physio as my joint is quite stiff! Also, what are we all wearing walking around the house after being cleared for normal shoes? I haven't plucked up the courage to put a trainer on and walk in it yet but i've put my slippers back on and wow, it feels so weird!! I do feel like i'm still 'limping' so to speak.... Just had my 6 week post op appointment. Has anyone had any tendon (or similar) issue where the big toe is being pulled over towards the 2nd and is somewhat sitting lower and pulls underneath slightly? If so, what was the cause and how was it rectified? Surgeon sent me for an ultrasound to have a better look! He has also referred me for physio as my joint is quite stiff! Also, what are we all wearing walking around the house after be Shared post Kristy Eccles Good morning! My surgeon advised me to start transitioning to sneakers this week. I’m bringing them to physical therapy tonight to try them out. How did everyone else successfully do so? I guess a few hours here and there until I’m comfortable wearing them full time? Thank you in advance! Shared post Kanisha Braddick Interested to hear from people post pin removal, I am 11 weeks post surgery and 6 weeks post pin removal and my toes are drifting with a large gap between my big toe and 2nd toe, which is also floating. I am really struggling with footwear due to an overcorrection of my big toe alongside serious stiffness and swelling. Looking for some hope and what’s to come the weeks ahead as feeling pretty glum. No photo description available.. No photo description available. Shared post Ty Pie I'm sitting at about 31 days post-op... I want to be as honest as possible in this post. I had MIS surgery because and "on average" you can make a quicker return to form and feel so heroic you might even get a supporting role in the upcoming Avengers: Doomsday movie. But social media is a bit like David Blaine because it can trick you into believing an "end result" is the whole story. Before my operation, I probably watched most videos on YouTube and eventually found a video of an active guy in his late 30s/early 40s who kinda made it seem like after two weeks post-op you can moonwalk like MJ did during his performance on Motown 25... But HIS journey was not mine. I think the biggest misconception is being able to 'weight bear' sooner... that is true! ...but it's NOT the same as 'walking' with full range of motion for hours at a time. My nerve zingers and swelling have reduced, but if there is too much pressure from my sandals against the incision area, it's still very uncomfortable... so my orthopedic shoe is like an American Express card: I NEVER leave home without it! 😂 I regularly massage and move my big toe. I walk at times but I try to put just as much effort and time into "rest & recovery" as I do to "activity" because we all know that Tortoise outsmarted the Hare for a reason, and slow and steady will win this race. 🐢🐇 Although my post may sound like I'll be packing my bags and moving in with Oscar the Grouch, MIS has been the BEST move I've made and any discomfort I've experienced so far is nothing compared to the pain that both my bunions brought down upon me at their worst. In fact, in late August, I will 100% get the ball rolling to get my other foot done. Take good care of yourselves, my friends. I'm sitting at about 31 days post-op... I want to be as honest as possible in this post. I had MIS surgery because and "on average" you can make a quicker return to form and feel so heroic you might even get a supporting role in the upcoming Avengers: Doomsday movie. But social media is a bit like David Blaine because it can trick you into believing an "end result" is the whole story. May be an image of bedroom. No photo description available.. May be an image of text Shared post
Archived from Bunion Surgery / Foot Surgery Support. The original discussion link is unavailable in this record.
Replies have not been captured for this archived discussion.
Replies have not yet been captured for this archived question.
Community replies
0 in this archive